I got a new album coming on November 6: THE FLIP IS ANOTHER HONEY.
“The flip is another honey” is a taken from a Variety review of a Jerry Lee Lewis single, in 1956; it means, “the b-side is also really good”.
It’s all covers!
Here’s a link to hear “Sunshine”: http://snd.sc/UfjT3h
Here’s a link to hear “Country Roads” (with Rosanne Cash): http://snd.sc/UfxTXT
Here’s the tracklist:
“Sunshine”: rapped verses between choruses of a John Denver sample.
“A Fanfare”: me playing a riff (of my own) for 28 seconds.
“Jimmy Bell”: my version is based on the version that 15 60 75 the Numbers Band recorded, but it’s a blues song written by Cat Iron.
“Take Me Home, Country Roads”: yep, the John Denver jam—with Rosanne Cash singing on it.
“Southern Girls”: by Cheap Trick
“Tightrope”: chorus from the Stone Roses; rapped verses from me.
“Send in the Clowns”: an instrumental version, played with Andrew “Scrap” Livingston on cello, and “Cashmere” Dan Chen on the Wurlitzer electric piano.
“Running Back”: by Thin Lizzy
“Sit Down, You’re Rocking the Boat”: from the musical Guys and Dolls, and non-ironic! With Scrap and Dan.
“Boy + Angel”: by Doveman, aka Thomas Bartlett, whom I played with for a couple of years—since then, he’s played with Glen Hansard, the National, Antony and the Johnsons, and loads of others.
“Reach Out”: by Cheap Trick, from the soundtrack of the dreadful and fantastic 1981 animated movie Heavy Metal. I waited behind Ike Hall at West Point for Rick Nielsen, when I was 13, and asked him to play this tune. He laughed, baffledly.
“Higher State of Consciousness”: …segued into from the above. By Josh Wink. An EDM classic—my favorite tune of the 90s, just edging out “Teen Spirit”.
“Ta Douleur”: sung entirely in French! Originally by Camille.
”God’s Song” (That’s Why I Love Mankind): by Randy Newman.
“Mistress” : by Red House Painters.
“Words” by Low, with whom I toured in the 90s.
Other than Rosanne’s vocal, and the three songs with Dan and Scrap, I play every sound.
November 6 is election day! Pencil me in! KIDDING. But yeah, what better soundtrack to relax to, after a hard day at the polls?
Yes, I’m aware that doing two tunes by one artist—let alone two tunes each by two artists!—is breaking cover-album law.
I hope you listen, and like. I’m very grateful that you’re listening.
- fancyglasses likes this
- duckermuck likes this
- mdmau2 likes this
- redcurlsandwhitepearls likes this
- showswelove reblogged this from kellysue
- randallpayton likes this
- iwaitwhat likes this
- thru1eye likes this
- superdopechild reblogged this from the-stig
- peprika likes this
- sadsackolympian likes this
- suspicious-at-heart likes this
- purepopfornowpeople likes this
- onesmallfire likes this
- musinator likes this
- alycetrelawny reblogged this from immutableinscrutable and added:
- tonyholloway likes this
- senorrandom reblogged this from yomommasofat
- kristinnoeline likes this
- ruhjsuz likes this
- untitled-mag reblogged this from immutableinscrutable and added:
- boldasxloveee reblogged this from immutableinscrutable and added:
- boldasxloveee likes this
- yomommasofat reblogged this from immutableinscrutable
- jaccccc likes this
- randomrealm likes this
- macphoenix likes this
- roninjoker likes this
- hatcapitol likes this
- findus likes this
- dmriedel likes this
- nsfwmagazine likes this
- jdaysy likes this
- jameluddin likes this
- sonyams reblogged this from immutableinscrutable
- radiopriest likes this
- mike3k likes this
- rrrick likes this
- bookwormmommy likes this
- equiknocks likes this
- bluebirdgirl likes this
- stiles-stilinski-is-my-patronus likes this
- thebluemoontradingco likes this
- garrily likes this
- onionhighonionandrenown likes this
- toolcoughing reblogged this from immutableinscrutable
- newtypelady reblogged this from immutableinscrutable and added:
- luke-h likes this
- guiltregret likes this